UC Santa Barbara strives to live up to our reputation as Santa Barbara’s “Best Place to Work” by supporting faculty, staff, and student employees in the pursuit of a fully integrated life. The university offers programs, policies, referrals and education that enable people to be effective, engaged and satisfied at work, school, and home. Please note: We do not recommend or endorse any particular non-university resource on this page; however, we do endorse the careful review and evaluation of services that best meet the needs of your family.
If you need support finding resources for yourself or your family, have resources or events that you would like included, or if you have any feedback about this page, please submit a ticket through HR ServiceNow.
WorkLife Events + Workshops
2021 Journey Toward Retirement Series
- March 3, 2021: 12:00-1:00pm - Overview of the complete UC Retirement System. Register on Shoreline
- March 10, 2021: 12:00-1:00pm - Making the most of your benefits. Register on Shoreline
- March 17, 2021: 12:00-1:00pm - Maximize Your Social Security Retirement. Register on Shoreline
- March 24, 2021: 12:00-1:00pm - Walk through the Retirement Process with UC. Register on Shoreline
- March 31, 2021: 12:00-1:00pm - What to do with your UC accounts. Register on Shoreline
Work-Life For Supervisors
March 11, 2021: 11:00-11:50am - Work-Life For Supervisors: Moving forward with strength in 2021. Register on Shoreline: http://cglink.me/2dD/r1030156
Click on the series above to schedule on behalf of your unit, team, or group. OR ... we can CUSTOMIZE a workshop to meet your department or group needs.
Request a workshop for your department or workgroup!
Topics can include
- Evolving Into the New Normal of Work-Life
- Productivity & Time Management
- Working from home - with Kids
- Childcare Needs & Resources
- Balancing Everything: School, Family & Career during COVID
Topics are refreshed regularly
Explore WorkLife Resources + Easy Action Steps
The Work-Life Resource Coordinator can assist both the employee and the department with any non-medical workplace adjustments. Please submit an HR ServiceNow ticket, and review the resources provided below.
Health & Wellness Resources. The Work-Life Resources Program partners with other campus organizations and departments to pursue "whole person" wellness for all university employees. UC Santa Barbara has a wide range of programs and services that support our community of faculty, staff and students with work/life concerns.
UC Living Well provides activities and resources to help faculty, staff and retirees reach their wellness
goals. For more information, see the UC Living Well website
The UCSB Recreation center offers several programs specifically geared towards Faculty & Staff to keep
you moving and fit:
- Walk UCSB
- Power Walk
- Fit for Life
- L.I.F.E. Circuit Class
- Eat Right UCSB