ERIT - Eligible Employees
- 99/ policy-covered staff
- CX/ clerical
- DX/ physicians and dentists
- HX/ health care professionals
- RX/ research support professionals
- SX/ service
- TX/ technical
Depending on your department needs and the requirements of a particular position, your department may have the discretion to approve a temporary or permanent reduction in time for you. HOWEVER, this must be entirely voluntary and at your request. If the department is initiating the reduction in time, this is not voluntary and is considered a layoff and the reduction must be processed according to the applicable University policy or collective bargaining agreement.
While ERIT is a permanent program, an employee can only participate for 36 months per each contract Once the 36 months contract expires, please submit a new contract rather than an amendment if you wish to continue your participation in the ERIT program.
Changes in schedules must be submitted to the Kronos team via Service Now for applicable timekeeping changes.
These instructions are for voluntary agreements between the Employee and the Employee's Supervisor on behalf of the Department. Decisions regarding the appropriateness of Remote, Hybrid, and/or Flex Schedule Agreements are made on a case-by-case basis and are based upon business and operational needs. The Supervisor reserves the right to assign work as necessary at any work site with reasonable advance notice. The employee’s job duties, obligations, responsibilities, standards of performance and conditions of employment with the University remain unchanged. This Agreement is intended to renew automatically, annually, unless an earlier end date has been established. There may be an initial trial period, to be agreed upon by both parties, after which the effectiveness of work will be evaluated by the Supervisor. If the Supervisor finds that the flexible work agreement is not meeting the needs of the Department, the Agreement may be terminated immediately at that time.
In order to enter into a Flexible Work Agreement, the employee has completed, or agrees to complete, the following training within 30 days of starting to work from an alternate work location. All training is available online via the University’s Learning Center:
- Healthy Working (for Employees working on campus and hybrid employees)
- Healthy Working at Home (for telecommuters and hybrid employees).
- UC Cybersecurity Awareness Fundamentals
- Safety Orientation
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) Training appropriate to the employee’s position.
Eligibility for a flexible work arrangement is determined by an employee’s job duties. Not all positions are suitable for flexible work; however, each new or modified flexible work arrangement must be evaluated objectively and fairly to ensure an equitable process. Decisions about which positions are eligible for flexible work should be based on operational and campus community needs and made without bias or favoritism. The Instructions + Resources tab has resources and tools to aid in this decision process.
Staff Remote/Hybrid Work Agreement Process:
- An employee wishing to enter into a remote/hybrid work agreement may fill out the Remote/Hybrid Work Employee Proposal and return to the supervisor for consideration.
- The supervisor should determine whether a position and assigned duties support a remote/hybrid work arrangement before entering into an agreement with an employee. The manager or supervisor may wish to use the Remote/Hybrid Position Assessment to aid in this determination process.
- If the manager supports the request and additional review or approvals, if any, are completed, the employee should then initiate the Flexible Work Agreement via DocuSign. Because this form was developed for all of campus, the employee and supervisor signatures are required, if department head or higher is required for your department, please add that in the designated fields.
If a department wishes to recruit an employee to work remotely, the department should first follow the recruitment procedures outlined on the Talent Acquisition webpage. The employee’s official worksite location may impact tax assessments and insurance options applicable to the employee.
Empowering Toolkit: for Teams of Tomorrow
- Remote/Hybrid Position Assessment
- Empowering Manager/Supervisor Session Recording: July 14
- Remote/Hybrid Work FAQs - This is a living document.