REQUIRED CONSULTATION WITH EMPLOYEE & LABOR RELATIONS
Department heads, managers & supervisors are required to consult with Employee & Labor Relations prior to taking any of the following actions:
- Extensions or Releases of employees during probationary period
- Disciplinary Actions (letters of warning, suspensions, terminations) for career employees.
- Investigatory leave (prior to or immediately after placing employee on leave)
- Layoffs or Reductions In Time
- Medical Separation (of employees who are unable to return to work due to a medical condition)
- Early release of limited appointment employees (before the normal end of their expected appointment end date)
- Removal of documents from employee's personnel file.
If you receive a request from a union representative or steward for information or to meet with you and/or employees in your department (Employees Right to Representation provides an overview), please contact Employee & Labor Relations through HRServiceNow prior to agreeing to meet.