/sites/www.hr.ucsb.edu/files/docs/training/GU_Planned_Schedule.pdfThe Gaucho U Certificate Program is a cohort-based training and development certificate program founded on the new UC Core Competency Model. It has been designed through collaboration with Human Resources, the Chancellor’s Staff Advisory Council, Staff Assembly, Administrative Services, Housing and Residential Services, and the Vice Chancellors.
To view the course dates and times, to view the online course descriptions and to register, visit the UC Learning Center website.
Drive to Thrive
This course will look at the concept of thriving in the workplace. We spend about 1/3 of our waking hours at work. We will study the behaviors of those who find these hours to be joyful and exciting. We'll discuss how we can work individually and with teams to promote both meaning at work as well as meaningful work.We'll look at recent happiness and organizational theory, but we will also look at specific tactics and strategies on a mutual drive to thrive.
Join us for experiential learning about the UCSB mission and our individual connection to its amazing contributions to the world and how your job function connects to the whole. We will explore teaching, research and community in ways that can connect you to the overarching purpose of campus. We will also feature a special guest panel of senior administrators to help us navigate through campus budgeting, sponsorship and campus risks.
Whole Brain Model
The Herrmann Whole Brain model presents a framework which can help you learn more about preferred modes of thinking, learning, and working. In this workshop, you will:
- Assess your personal Whole Brain style
- Gain a better understanding of human differences and team function
- Learn how differences can contribute to more effective solutions through creative abrasion
Change Management: How You & Your Cohort Can Ignite Change
The Leadership Challenge®
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop will engage you through experiential activities, workbook exercises, group problem-solving tasks, video cases, and lectures. And you’ll get plenty of hands-on practice applying the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership to current organizational and personal leadership challenges. This workshop is designed to inspire, engage, and help everyday leaders—like you—to develop the skills needed to meet whatever leadership challenges lay ahead.:
- Clarify and communicate their fundamental values and beliefs
- Inspire others to share a common vision
- Search for opportunities to change and improve
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Apply the lessons learned in the workshop to a current organizational
This 2-day course teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics - at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you'll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act of your decisions with unity and commitment. You will learn to:
- Better prepare for high-stakes conversations.
- Recognize the qualities of communication which make it safe to talk about important issues.
- Bring the best skills you have to each important conversation.
- Confidently, and with competence, influence outcomes using the Crucial Conversations Technique.
Deliver a Great Presentation With or Without Technology
What good is passion if it can’t be translated into action? Public speaking is as relevant to our current campus environment as it was back when Aristotle wrote about it as the art of using the proper persuasive tools for the right occasion. Following Aristotle’s ancient but powerful guidance, this course will help you to consider the use of your voice, body, facial expressions, and even some technology in order to best share what is important for maximum impact.