Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Karen Rasmussen at or 805-893-2168 to request a new or replacement ID card. All eligible retired faculty/staff will then be sent their card via US Post.

A retired UCSB faculty or staff member who is no longer a paid employee of UC is eligible for an ID card.

UC has contracted with The Work Number, an automated service providing fast, secure retirement and income verifications.  In most cases, the lender can get the information they need directly through The Work Number.

Lenders can call:  1 (800) 367-5690
Employer Name:  UC Retirement
Employer Number:  14736

Complete the Tax Witholding E.ection for UCRP Income (UBEN 106) and submit it to UC RASC—Retirement Administration (see address on form).

When a UC retiree dies, you should notify the University of California as soon as possible by calling the UC Customer Service Center at 1-800-888-8267.

Survivor Handbook for Family Members and Beneficiaries of UC Retirees
After a UC retiree dies, survivors are faced with the difficult task of resolving the retiree’s estate. This includes reporting the death and claiming benefits.

This handbook describes the benefits that may be available to family members and/or beneficiaries following the death of a UC retiree. This handbook also outlines the steps surviving family members and beneficiaries should take to claim benefit


If you have lost your insurance ID card you can request a replacement card by:
1) calling the plan's member services number or 
2) sign-in to the insurance plan's member website.  You can also print a temporary medical ID card from the insurance plan's member website.

Not all insurance plans issue ID cards:

  • Medical, DeltaCare dental and ARAG legal plan mail ID cards to members.
  • Delta Dental PPO ID cards are available on the Delta member website.
  • VSP does not issue ID cards. Participating VSP providers will confirm your eligibility directly with VSP.

You can find insurance contacts on the UCnet website.