TO: Campus Community
FR: Cynthia Señeriz, Director, Human Resources
RE: New Update for COVID-19 EFML Related Leaves for Staff Employees
The Office of the President has recently clarified previously issued guidance pertaining to COVID-19 Extended Family Medical Leave (EFML) related leaves for staff employees. The revised guidance, effective October 12, 2020, allows staff employees to take EFML in less than 2 week blocks under certain limited circumstances. Notices of these changes will be sent to all staff employees with current EFML Leave Requests in HR Service Now. The complete revised guidance is posted at COVID-19 Related Leaves and Job Protections Guidance for Policy-Covered and Represented Staff Employees, reissued October 12, 2020 (link is external)
Additional resources concerning COVID-19 Leaves for staff employees:
- Employees are encouraged to communicate their questions directly to their supervisor.
- Supervisors can submit questions to HR concerning this revision via ServiceNow: Human Resources ServiceNow(link is external)(link is external) => Login => Leave Administration => EFMLA Questions.
- The updated administrative process is available on the Leave of Absence website, FFCRA Training slides.
- The new form to request EPSL and EFML is posted at: Employee Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFML) form(link is external)(link is external)
- Information concerning Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFML) is posted on the HR website under the Leave of Absence webpage
- HR guidance concerning COVID-19 impacts is posted on the HR website and updated regularly.
Questions concerning academic appointee usage of PAL, ESPL, and EFML should be submitted to: mailto:AP-Leave@ucsb.edu(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail) or the appropriate analyst in (link is external)(link is external) the Academic Personnel Office.