Links to helpful resources:
Parking and Getting Around for Injured or Disabled Employees
If you have become Temporarily Disabled, the DMV may provide you with a temporary Disabled Person Parking Placard, please see the DMV website for more information and to apply for a placard.
For UCSB parking options and to purchase a UCSB parking permit, please contact UCSB Transportation & Parking Services.
All MTD buses and shuttles are fully accessible and are ramp or lift-equipped for persons using a wheelchair. Please visit MTD Santa Barbara for schedules and other information.
Mobility Equipment Rentals
Wheelchairs & Motorized Scooters Rentals are available through local vendors. The following are listed for your convenience; please note that UCSB does not evaluate their services and cannot make any recommendations of quality or service.
- Loan Closet through Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care Santa Barbara loans basic medical equipment (e.g. wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes and bathroom safety items) for free.
- Federal Drug Company, 805.687.7551. Rentals available for wheelchairs, walkers and crutches.
- KneeWalkersForRent.com. Rentals available for knee scooter only
- LifeCare Solutions. Rentals available for wheelchairs, walkers, knee scooters, crutches, and shower chairs.
- Santa Barbara Healthcare. Rentals available for Motorized Scooters, wheelchairs, walkers, and knee scooters.
Community Resources for People with Disabilities
Personnel Policies and Agreements
· Personnel Policy for Staff Members (PPSM)
State and Federal Guidelines
Transitional Work Program and Reasonable Accommodations
· Job Accommodation Network (JAN) provides free consulting services for individuals with physical or intellectual limitations that affect employment.
· JAN's Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR) system is designed to let users explore various accommodation options for people with disabilities in work and educational settings.
· Department of Rehabilitation helps people with disabilities obtain, retrain, or regain employment.