College Savings Plan
ScholarShare is California’s 529 College Savings Plan.
Whether your child or loved one is a newborn or entering high school, ScholarShare can help you achieve your college savings goals.
Plan advantages include:
- State and federal income tax deferral on any earnings
- Withdrawals for qualified higher education expenses are state and federal income tax free
- For use at many schools nationwide and abroad — undergraduate and graduate programs, community colleges and trade schools
- Low minimum contribution of just $25 and a high maximum account balance
- A low, annual asset-based fee and no annual account maintenance fees
- Family and friends may contribute
For more information or to enroll contact ScholarShare:
Customer Service: 1-800-544-5248
Emergency loans are available to UCSB employees who have an immediate need for funds as the result of an emergency and have no other source of money available within the time necessary to act, or who have a dire personal financial hardship.
How to apply for an emergency loan
The University has contracted with two credit unions to provide emergency loans. Please use the online tools at the following websites to apply for an emergency loan.
University Credit Union
USE Credit Union
Loan Forgiveness Program
UC employees may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Financial Planning and Assistance
Financial planning and money management community resources: